TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions for External Providers
External Providers (Suppliers/Vendors), including their Sub-Tier, are required to adhere to the requirements of the Purchase Order Contract including:
1. External providers must have implemented a Quality Management System.
2. Grant right of access by First Call International, our customer, and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information (documents and records), at any level of the supply chain.
3. Provide documentation that includes the name/product description or other positive identification, and applicable issues of specifications, drawings, process requirements, inspection instructions and other relevant technical data (e.g. revision level).
4. Promptly notify our organization regarding detection of nonconforming product irregardless if the order is currently in work or has previously shipped.
5. Notify our organization of any changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of sub-tier external providers or location of manufactures.
6. Suppliers are not, under any circumstance, granted authority to alter the product characteristics beyond the scope of work.
7. If any of this order is outsourced to your suppliers, all applicable requirements and specifications must be communicated (including all applicable key characteristics) to each sub-tier supplier used.
8. Conformance records showing that the purchased items meet specifications are required for each applicable line item.
9. Suppliers must maintain conformance and traceability records regarding the product or service provided in regard to this order for a minimum of seven years or longer as required by contract.
10. Only customer-designated or approved external providers, including special process sources can be used.
11. Prevent the use of suspected unapproved and counterfeit parts.
12. Provide a certificate of conformity, test reports, or authorized release certificate, as applicable.
13. External provider shall ensure that persons are aware of their contribution to product or service conformity including FOD (Foreign Object Debris) awareness, their contribution to product safety and the importance of ethical behavior.
14. External provider performance is monitored to ensure On-Time Delivery and Product Conformity measurements, including these Terms and Conditions, are maintained.
15. If providing calibration services, all certificates must identify Standards used and must be traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standard Technology). Calibration services must be accredited to ISO 17025 (or equivalent).